bino-list

[Bino-list] Graphics card recommendation

From: David Engster
Subject: [Bino-list] Graphics card recommendation
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 10:35:35 +0100

Could someone recommend a graphics card which works well for DLP-link
with 120Hz under GNU/Linux? I know quad-buffer would be best, but those
are quite expensive. It seems to me the issue is not really performance
but good driver support. I tried an old NVidia 8400GS, which while doing
30fps when benchmarked somehow has sync problems (and still frames work
just fine, strangely enough). Also, the built-in Intel HD2500 graphics
didn't work either, probably because of driver problems with VSync (it
can do well over 100fps for non-alternating output).

Cheers,
David