bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Patch: force source aspect ratio

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Patch: force source aspect ratio
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 20:06:13 +0200

On Thu, 02 May 2013 11:51:19 +0200, Frédéric Bour wrote:
> To work around some wrongly encoded video I got, I wrote a patch to
> force source aspect ratio.
> This patch adds an option following the behavior of the "crop aspect
> ratio", but instead of croping it rescales the source video to the
> given ratio.
>
> It works reasonably well, so I thought some of you may also be
> interested in this option.

Thank you! I applied your patch with one minor modification (only force
source ar if the value is > 0.0). It works for me, so I pushed it:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bino.git/commit/?id=5164cfa69616d43e81666a83a60a2413609598c5

I'm usually not too happy about changes that are only needed for broken
video files (the files should be fixed instead), but on the other hand
you use it and it works, so why not.

I pushed this only into master and not also into the 1.4 branch
because it adds a translatable string.

Martin