bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] SBS mkv with Bino on a passiv monitor

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] SBS mkv with Bino on a passiv monitor
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 11:50:02 +0100

Hi Timo!

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 17:32:06 +0100, Timo Weigelt wrote:
> One other thing. I'm a graphic designer. Not professional but I would
> say I'm pretty good at what I'm doing. So sorry to say but I don't
> like the Bino icon and the GUI of the program. I would offer you to do
> some new graphics If you're up for it. For free of course. I'm going
> to use this program a lot more often from now on. So it would be great
> to improve some stuff and give the program a bit more of the
> wow-effect and some eye-candy.

The Bino logo was created by Tobias Lange. I like it and I think we
should not replace a long-standing logo unless there is an alternative
that most active contributors clearly prefer.

The GUI is different: I created that and I know it is very far from
current trends in userfriendly eye-candy (let alone wow-effects).

Some time ago Joe offered to move the GUI to Qt Designer so that
non-coders could more easily contribute to improve it. Unfortunately I
rejected that change since it disrupted my workflow. I now realize this
was a mistake.

If you find a way to work on the GUI and others on this list like your
changes, we can merge your changes.

Martin