bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] macbook/HDMI 1.4 stereo3D

From: Dougherty, Matthew T
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] macbook/HDMI 1.4 stereo3D
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 03:36:17 -0600

Thanks.
I spoke with developer a few weeks ago.  Hdmi is not in his scope, just the
graphics DVI pass thru.

My conclusion is that frame packing has two unique characteristics:
Frame size 1920x2205, and a hdmi packet identifying the frame as stereo 3d.

My guess is that some manufactures just use the frame size to determine to go
into auto stereo 3d.
Others demand both to be compliant.

Tech support at Epson could not confirm or deny this generically or
specifically for the projector 3010.
It is not clear they understand the concept or have read HDMI 1.4 specs.

Matthew Dougherty
National Center for Macromolecular Imaging
Baylor College of Medicine