bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] DLP 3D synch

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] DLP 3D synch
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 16:59:29 +0100

Hi Frédéric!

On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 10:10:02 +0100, Frédéric Devernay wrote:
> The DLP 3D Ready Sync option (or the "set-fullscreen-3dr-sync"
> command-line option) causes bino to draw special colored lines at the
> top of the screen to tell the DLP which eye the image is for (similar
> to the "blue line code" used for older CrystalEyes systems
> <http://paulbourke.net/stereographics/stereorender/GLUTStereo/glutStereo.cpp>)
>
> [Martin, I didn't find an appropriate place to put the above
> paragraph in bino and libgls doc, feel free to include it in the
> documentation for both softwares, and I didn't find an appropriate
> reference for DLP 3D color code]

I also am not sure which products support this color coding.

Last February Texas Instruments contacted me. They asked for this color
encoding scheme to be implemented in Bino since their new line of DLP
projector controllers would support it. So I implemented it. However,
they asked me not to publish the specification yet since it might still
be subject to change.

I'm not sure if their new controllers went into mass production in the
meantime and which new projectors might use them. There still seems to
be no information about this on the web...

Regards,
Martin