bino-list

[Bino-list] Question about parallax correction / ffmpeg

From: Goetz Dapp
Subject: [Bino-list] Question about parallax correction / ffmpeg
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 19:38:04 -0600

Hi guys:

I have a question about the parallax correction that Bino uses. I have video material that requires a parallax correction setting of 0.15 and crop ratio to 4:3 (from 16:9). I would like to edit this material to incorporate these settings so that I can use a different output software to run it in a show.

From what I understand Bino uses ffmpeg for its video input/output. I am curious to find out if that means that I can use some ffmpeg settings/filters to re-render the video to incorporate the parallax correction. I am not quite sure what the "0.15" translates to or how to convert this into a ffmpeg command. Does it affect both video sources or does it only "move" one in relation to the other?

I would appreciate any sort of pointers...

Thanks,
Goetz