bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] viewing MPO file

From: Pieter Eendebak
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] viewing MPO file
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 13:43:25 +0200

Dear Martin,

Thanks for your effort. Compiling the latest ffmpeg on my system is no problem (I will do this right now), but removing the default ffmpeg package from by system is not possible due to depenencies so I will have to tell bino somehow to use the local ffmpeg libs and headers.

Making bino work with the older ffmeg would be great, I am using Ubuntu Pangolin which will be used by many others for quite some time.

With kind regards,
Pieter Eendebak

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Martin Lambers <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Pieter!

On Sat, 19 May 2012 12:15:14 +0200, Pieter Eendebak wrote:
> Output of the commands is listed below.

Thank you for this information!

The problem is that your FFmpeg/Libav version does not try the MJPEG
format on MPO files by default, and instead tries to guess what's in
them. In your case, it wrongly detects an MP3 stream.

A workaround is to use the latest FFmpeg version instead, because it
knows that it should read MPO files with the MJPEG format.

But I realize that this is not optimal: you probably want to continue
using the FFmpeg/Libav version that comes with your system, and the
next stable Bino version really should work out of the box on a recent
Ubuntu system.

I'll try to find out if Bino can force FFmpeg to use the MJPEG format
for MPO files somehow. This should fix the problem (and a similar
problem for PNS and JPS files), but it may take a few days since I'm
busy this weekend.

Regards,
Martin