bino-list

[Bino-list] Bino 1.3.4 is released, new stable version planned

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: [Bino-list] Bino 1.3.4 is released, new stable version planned
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 12:46:46 +0200

Bino 1.3.4 is released!

This is a development version intended for testing only, but it is also
intended to be the base for the next stable release.

This version brings improved performance and compatibility with older
graphics hardware, thanks to the work of Frédéric Devernay.

It also fixes several bugs, in large part thanks to the testing and bug
reporting efforts of S. Christian Collins.

Frédéric suggested to start a new stabilization period and get a new
stable release out soon.

I suggest to wait one week (until 2012-05-19) for last patches
that should be included, and then declare all translatable strings
frozen. Then we can have another 3-4 weeks for testing, fixing bugs, and
updating the translations. If all goes well, we can release a new
stable version (1.4? 2.0?) around the middle of June.

Similar to the last stable release, I would suggest to only include
translations that are complete, and to temporarily disable incomplete
translations.

Any comments on these plans?

Martin