bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] My tests: reaching for smooth playback of full-sbs HD vi

From: Pedro Silva Pinto
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] My tests: reaching for smooth playback of full-sbs HD video w/ subtitles
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 13:05:58 +0100

Hi Martin,

I'm using Gnome which uses gnome-screensaver. Take a look here:
http://people.gnome.org/~mccann/gnome-screensaver/docs/gnome-screensaver.htm

As for the subtitles, I get these messages; could any of this be responsible
for the performance hit:
bino: [wrn] LibASS: Neither PlayResX nor PlayResY defined. Assuming 384x288
bino: [wrn] LibASS: fontconfig: Selected font is not the requested one:
'Liberation Sans Bold' != 'Arial'

I would like to mention another thing: the subtitles are rendered casting a
fake shadow; this looks good if you're playing a regular 2d video, but not
so good if the underlying video is stereoscopic, because the depth of the
objects behind the subtitles (where the shadow should be cast upon) varies.

Cheers!

Pedro