bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] My tests: reaching for smooth playback of full-sbs HD vi

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] My tests: reaching for smooth playback of full-sbs HD video w/ subtitles
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 10:19:50 +0200

Hi Pedro!

On Thu, 5 Apr 2012 13:18:37 +0100, Pedro Silva Pinto wrote:
> You're right, switching off the "inhibit the screensaver" option
> seems to stop the hang ups.

What desktop are you using? I use XFCE (which uses XScreenSaver). If
"inhibit the screensaver" also fails on Gnome and/or KDE, I might as
well remove this functionality completely until someone figures out how
this is supposed to be done properly...

> Both Mplayer and VLC play the video + subtitles flawlessly.

OK, then we'll have performance problems to fix...

Regards,
Martin