bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Compilation for dummies

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Compilation for dummies
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 16:14:43 +0100

Hi Tim!

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 14:09:03 +0000, Tim Sampson wrote:
> Is there an idiot's guide to compiling Bino (for Windows) or is it so
> complicated that a noob shouldn't even consider it?

Currently, the easiest way to build Bino for Windows is described here:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bino.git/tree/README.Windows

However, it requires building on a Linux system even though the target
system is Windows. This may seem a little strange...
If you want to try this method, use the latest version of
mingw-cross-env (ignore the '-r 1955' part).

You can probably do the equivalent steps on a Windows system, but
nobody has tried that yet as far as I know.

Building with Visual Studio is currently not supported.

Regards,
Martin