bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] zoom settings

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] zoom settings
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 08:10:27 +0100

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:28:43 +0100, Frédéric Devernay wrote:
> What should the zoom choices be?
> I can imagine a selection of three choices, the third having a value
> attached to it:
> - fit to screen (the previous behaviour)
> - fill the screen (the current behaviour with zoom=1)
> - custom zoom (to get rid of letterboxing or pillarboxing), from 1.0
> (fit to screen) to 2.0 (2x magnification), maybe with a slider and an
> entry to type the value manually

OK, I improved the zoom setting in the following way:
- Moved it to its own GUI dialog, as it did not really belong
  into the video settings (because it is not saved per-video).
- Added short documentation to the dialog.
- Extended the zoom range from 0 to 2; 0 = fit to screen, 1 = fill
  screen, > 1: zoom even more (for videos that have black borders
  hard coded).
This way, it is still a single setting with slider and value box.

Like before, command line use is possible with --zoom=Z, and keyboard
control with '<' and '>'.

See
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bino.git/commit/?id=fe5a518eec90427f1eff916c6361422062081c50

Martin