bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Play .264 files with bino

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Play .264 files with bino
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 06:52:41 +0200

Hi Antonio!

On 11/10/11 23:16, Antonio Jesús Díaz Honrubia wrote:
> I am trying to execute play a .264 file with bino (a file with the H.264
> stream without any container). However, it does not work: bino only
> displays the first frame (or maybe a few more). Do yoy know why this
> happens and how to fix it?

Probably the timestamp and duration information is missing because it is
usually stored in the container.

> FFmpeg can decode the .264 files without any problem and I cannot use a
> container (due to I am coding a MVC extension for FFmpeg and it does not
> work with containers yet).

A good rule of thumb is that if FFplay plays a file, Bino should too.
FFmpeg may be able to read and decode the file since it does not
necessarily need timestamps for that, but can FFplay play it?

Martin