bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] [Feature Request] Zoom In

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] [Feature Request] Zoom In
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 19:06:28 +0200

On 06/10/11 21:03, Martin Lambers wrote:
> On 06/10/11 12:20, Hubert Unger wrote:
>> I know Stereoscopic Player can zoom in to fullscreen if the video
>> isn't 16:9 bur 21:9 which is kind of a cool feature to me because i
>> often watch SBS-Movies and some of them are not in full 16:9.
>>
>> I'd like to know if such a feature is on the To-Do-List for Bino?
>
> I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Do you mean that a 21:9
> video can be shown using the full height of a 16:9 screen (without black
> bars), thus cutting off a small part off the left and right side of the
> video?
>
> We currently have no plans for such a feature, but it might be a good
> idea. We could have one additional fullscreen mode setting, e.g. "[X]
> Use full height of screen". Or should this be a per-video setting? Or a
> more general zoom mode?
>
> What do others think?

I now implemented a 'zoom' setting for videos that are wider than the
screen. It can be adjusted between 0 (show full width of video; use
black bars above/below the video) and 1 (use full height of screen and
cut off some part of the left and right sides of the video).

What Bino is doing by default corresponds to zoom=0 and what you want
corresponds to zoom=1. You can choose e.g. zoom=0.5 if you want to use a
larger part of the screen but do not want to cut too much of the left
and right sides of the video.

Martin