bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] How to use the bino in linux

From: Cédric André
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] How to use the bino in linux
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 19:03:32 +0200

On -10/01/-28163 20:59, Martin Lambers wrote:
On 22/05/11 09:31, 章越 wrote:
I want to use bino in openSUSE.
My laptop can play 3D video in Window 7,and I have a pair of NVIDIA 3D
glass.
But this glass cannot be used in linux.
Can you help me?
The NVIDIA 3D Vision glasses only work on Linux if you have an NVIDIA
Quadro graphics card. Without a Quadro card, you need a different method
to display 3D video, e.g. anaglyph glasses, or an external 3D TV set.

Martin
Yes and no. Officially, it won't work under Linux if you don't have a Quadro Graphics Card. But you don't need such an expensive card to make it work under Windows. So there are attempts out there to get it to work under Linux.
(extract from the README )
This is an experimental proof of concept to get the NVIDIA 3d stereo
controller working with OpenGL on linux.
[...]
If you dare to try this out, you will need the following things first:

- The NVIDIA 3d stereo controller and compatible shutter glasses
- Hardware accelerated graphics
- A monitor capable of 120 Hz (I didn't try out any other refresh rate)

- The firmware extracted from the windows driver (see below)

- libusb
- GLUT
- gcc and make
- XF86vmode