bino-list

[Bino-list] Framerate issue on OSX 10.6

From: David Coiffier
Subject: [Bino-list] Framerate issue on OSX 10.6
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 10:54:16 +0200

Hello everybody,

My name is David Coiffier, I'm a french director, and I produce mainly timelapse and slow motion (Some are visible on Vimeo). For 2 months now, I've been learning shooting 3D stereo, and naturally found bino player as a must have. Congratulations to anyone involved into it, nice piece of work!

I'm running latest version of OSX 10.6 on a new macpro, and I have a little issue with bino when trying to play quicktime H264 files. Everything is ok, except framerate, that seems to be not capped at the correct framerate, but instead plays the fastest possible. The strange thing is that some H264 will run ok, and some at fastest speed...
Is this something that someone experienced, or is aware of ?

I've also tried to open my native work files, that are Apple ProRes quicktimes, but codec is unsupported. Does supporting such codec would represent a great amount of work, or is this something that could be easily implemented in a future release ?

Thanx again, and have a nice day!

ps : there's a side by side version of my first stereo shots here, for whom interested : http://vimeo.com/23766822