biborb-general

[Biborb-general] Re: biborb suggestion + Adding bibtex fields

From: Guillaume Gardey
Subject: [Biborb-general] Re: biborb suggestion + Adding bibtex fields
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 22:24:53 +0100

Dear Sridhar,

Thank you for your suggestions. It seems that the check box will be useful to manipulate a subset of the bibliography. As your are not the only one to ask me for, this will be in the next version of the tool.

Concerning the add of a new field, it is possible. In the "xsl" directory, there is a file called "model.xml". This file records the structure of each bibtex entry (article, journal ....) and their fields (author, title, ....). You will have to edit it and modify it this way:

Here is what is recorded for an article:

<entry type="article">
    <required>
    </required>
    <optional>
    </optional>
    <additional>
    </additional>
  </entry>

To add a new field name "myfield" , you just have to add <myfield/> in one of the three section 'required' 'optional' or 'additional'.
For instance, adding it to required:

<entry type="article">
    <required>
        <myfield/>
    </required>
    <optional>
    </optional>
    <additional>
    </additional>
  </entry>

This modification will add the 'myfield' field to an article entry. You will have to repeat this operation for each different entries.

Finally you will have to edit and modify line 584 and 551 of the file "functions.php".
You have to add the "_myfield" to the array (the underscore is needed).
This would give something like:
$bibtex_entries = array(......,"_longnotes","_myfield");

This should work and add myfield to the bibtex entry.

I hope I have explained it clearly otherwise feel free to contact me again. I will certainly turn that tricky manipulation into something simpler in the next version.

Thanks again for your suggestions and for using biborb.

Sincerely

Guillaume