bibledit-general

Re: [be] Bibledit printing through internal typesetter

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Bibledit printing through internal typesetter
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 21:53:14 +0200

Hi Loren,

This didn't make it to bibledit-general, though I suppose it was supposed to go there since you ask for info from 'anyone else'.

These days I have no time to program anything in Bibledit-Gtk due to other commitments, but patches are always welcome. Hopefully there will be time to work on this later on.

Bibledit-Web (http://bibledit.org) has a way of exporting USFM text to OpenDocument format, including the drop-caps and reasonably nice headers. It's software that can be downloaded, and there's a demo online.

An advantage of OpenDocument format, or indeed any editable format, is that it can easily be tweaked after the initial publishing phase.

Bibledit-Gtk produces the rather rigid PDF format, though there is that intermediate stage that you use to run a CC table on.

Good luck thinking ahead of the days that SIL will be somewhere else. As they said in Zimbabwe: Don't give a fish to somebody, but a hook and teach him to fish.

Teus.