bibledit-general

Re: [be] (no subject)

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:07:30 +0200

Hi Carlo,

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 23:33 +0100, carlo betta wrote:
> My first problem is how
> to do a list of italian Bible books, which are 73, not 66.

A good while ago a patch was applied for these extra books.

> I created a
> language ("language_italiano") and a versification
> ("versification_italiano"),
> but I don't understand how to create a mapping: what have I to insert in this
> file? I don't understand what kind of Bible book insert in it and what I must
> specify about them.

There's probably no need to create a language file or a versification
file in case you just need to create Sword modules. But in case you'd
like to create these, some info about that is in the online help, the
How to ... section, or else search for "mapping" in the online help.

> A second problem I have is to import a html text in
> bibledit: I tried to use "import raw text" option, without any result.

The import raw text option would be the only option to get html text
into Bibledit, but it may be a bit of work to get that done. It probably
does not work automatically, and some manual labour would be required.
How does your html text look?

> My
> third problem is that: I will use Bibledit also to make other italian textes
> convert them into sword modules and use them in Xiphos or Bibletime; I'm
> teacher of italian literature, so I wish made an edition of Dante's "Divine
> Comedy" to using it with my pupils in Bibletime or Xiphos: is it possible to
> do? I think that the only need will be a "language", "versification" and
> "mapping" system, or not?

If these texts are like commentaries, that have books, chapters, and
verses more or less aligned to the Biblical ones, then it should be
possible even without creating any mapping or languges or versification
files, just take e.g. the "English" language, or another one that fits.

> The last problem is that: when I open Bibledit
> (which runs very slowly on my laptop...), it appears a window with commentary
> or other features, but not a biblical text window: where I can write my Bible
> text? Wher I can paste a text copied from other source? I read the online
> help
> of Bibledit, but I did'nt understand how I have to do...

A good place to start would be the menu, File / Project / New, and to
take it from there. Biblical text is typed in a "Project".

Hope it works out,

Teus.