beaver-devel

[Beaver-devel] Beaver 0.4.0 STABLE released

From: Andrea Florio
Subject: [Beaver-devel] Beaver 0.4.0 STABLE released
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 18:39:15 +0200

Hi community,

as previously announced, i released today Beaver Editor 0.4.0

The new STABLE version is ready for download at this URL [1]

This new stable release is out after almost 1 year from the previous
RC1, we do believe that this is now a very stable and bug less release.

some important changes that happened:

* completly rewritten autotools configuration
* fixed missing DESTDIR sf#3030805 [2]
* fixed broken REDO sf#3030800 [3]
* fixed wrong mimetype into .desktop file
* beaver files are not installed respecting FHS 2.3 [4]
* added extension filter for plugin files
* plugins are available into source tarball

Other important changes related to this release are:

* The project is not hosted on Sourceforge [5]
* The source code is now available into a GIT repository and no more
into a CVS one [6]
* The bug tracker is now the Sourceforge one [7]

I am proud of that, so enjoy this new release, don't think the project
will be over, we are already working to a new version, completly
rewritten, currently available into UNSTABLE branch of our git
repository, please join us if you want.

Best Regards
Andrea

[1]
https://sourceforge.net/projects/beaver-editor/files/0.4/beaver-0.4.0.tar.bz2/download

[2]
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3030805&group_id=328676&atid=1379193

[3]
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3030800&group_id=328676&atid=1379193

[4] http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

[5] http://beaver-editor.sourceforge.net/

[6] http://beaver-editor.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb-index.cgi

[7] https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=328676&atid=1379193

- --
Andrea Florio
QSI International School of Brindisi Sys Admin
CISCO CCNA Certified
openSUSE-Education Administrator
openSUSE-LXDE Administrator
openSUSE Official Member (anubisg1)