beaver-devel

[Beaver-devel] File selection dialog

From: Double 12
Subject: [Beaver-devel] File selection dialog
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:00:01 +0100

Well, an update of what I've been doing today.

I changed the API a bit; beaver_box_file_selection now has an extra parameter to set the folder you want to start looking.
The code that calls beaver_box_file_selection must supply a directory to the function. Temporarily, it just gives the home dir, but it should give the directory where the current file is in. If you know the path of the current file, you can get the directory out of it with g_dir_get_path_name().
But I don't know how to get the path of the current file. How does that FPROPS thing work?

A small question: do you guys think we still need the title parameter of beaver_box_file_selection? The function could also set the title ( "Open..." or "Save...") of the dialog  itself by looking at the GtkFileChooserAction parameter.
Or is it nice for plugin developers to be able to customize the title of the window?

And I have compiled Beaver 0.2.7 today. It's GTK1-based, pretty ugly, but it is surprisingly fast (a lot faster than our GTK2-version of Beaver). As soon as I can find a GTK1 reference manual somewhere, I'll play around with it a bit.

Double 12