beaver-devel

[Beaver-devel] Beaver Bug -- Crash -- Help!

From: Robert Kennedy
Subject: [Beaver-devel] Beaver Bug -- Crash -- Help!
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 19:43:53 +0000

Hi ,

I have been using Beaver v0.2.7 that comes with Vector Linux 5.1 Standard. (Vector Linux is a Slackware based distro. This version is based on Slackware v10.1).

After I changed the font and font size via the preferences window in Beaver, beaver always crashes whenever I try to start a new document or open an existing document.

I also see the following message in the console:

gdk-Critical **: file gdkfont.c : line 452 (gdk_char_width): assertion 'font != null' failed.

I tried to fix the problem by removing Beaver and then re-installing beaver by using the Slackware based binary package in the Vector Linux Repository. But that did not fix the problem.

I also looked to see if beaver had a text file for its preferences. I wanted top see if I could manually switch back to the default font. But it looks like beaver does NOT have a text file that stores its preferences.

Please help..  I like beaver.  I would like to continue using it.

Rob