beaver-devel

Re: [Beaver-devel] GtkSourceView is live

From: Leslie Polzer
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] GtkSourceView is live
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:19:25 +0200

On Tue, 13 May 2003 19:13:38 -0400
Michael Terry <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think once the search functionality is finished (it
> almost is -- but I've abandoned replace for the moment), I think we're
> good for 0.3.1 (or maybe even 0.4.0 -- :)).
I'd like to separate the search behavior into a "quick" (the standard search
found in most browsers and editors) search and an "advanced" search (what we
have now, and with multiple file support). Often the advaned thing is very
annoying when I just want to move around in a file quickly.

> I'd be willing to put out
> another 'marked unstable' release with it almost like it is and flesh
> out search for a later release.  0.3.0 is looking increasingly
> old-fashioned.
It is a pity that the intelligent variable highlighting seems lost now.
Well, maybe we can still integrate it with GtkSourceView or post-process
the GSV-highlighted text.

Leslie