beaver-devel

Re: [Beaver-devel] Syntax Highlighting

From: Leslie Polzer
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Syntax Highlighting
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 20:18:51 +0100

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:53:38 -0500
Michael Terry <address@hidden> wrote:

> Leslie Polzer wrote:
> > Why is typing sometimes so slow?
>
> I didn't realize it was -- I thought I solved the responsiveness issue.
>   Oh well.  We're about to change over to a new engine, right?  :)
Sure, so let's hope whatever caused the slow behavior will be gone then ;)

> That would be neat.  It doesn't seem to.  It does have a bug system,
> which we could use as a bug/issue tracker.  Not sure what the best plan
> is for this.
Yes, let's use the bug tracker.

> > Oh, and by the way we'll be using GNU style regex functions,
> > so regex(3) is not a good place for documentation - use the info
> > page for that.
>
> Ok.  Ugh.  I hate info pages.  I never got the hang of them.
Oh, I hate them too, reading them only when I have to.
But they can be used just with the cursor keys, return (to follow
a link) and the 'u' key to go up the tree. Not that comfortable,
but working. And after all there's texi2html.

Don't you like emacs? Are you a vi fan? :)

Leslie