beaver-devel

Re: [Beaver-devel] patch solving the small glitch...

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] patch solving the small glitch...
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:07:35 -0500

Leslie Polzer wrote:
things you could notice from the screenshot:
-beaver has a detachable menu, while gedit hasn't, i don't know
if it's useful to detach the menu, so if no one is using that
feature we could remove it.

I don't use this feature, but someone else might - it's not really
in the way IMO. If we only had more feedback from users...

We should probably get rid of it. To my knowledge, there are ways to change that setting (whether toolbars have handle bars or not) globally for all your GTK apps. So, we should go with the default and then if the user likes that stuff, they'll be there.

there is also another thing (but it isn't visible): gedit adds a
scrollbar only if needed, while beaver displays it even if there
is no needed for it...

Hm.. if you don't object I'd like to leave it there even if one doesn't
have to scroll - it's more consistent I feel.

I kind of like it too. But, I can see that some might not. Maybe make it an option on our future preference dialog?

-mt