bbdb-user

Re: Add integration to gnus-search library, if present

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: Add integration to gnus-search library, if present
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 16:59:52 -0600

On Sun Nov 15 2020 Roland Winkler wrote:
> Also, bbdb-dynamic-completion-table should get a docstring,
> explaining that this completion table can be customized by (let-)
> binding bbdb-completion-list.  (The docstring of
> bbdb-completion-list needs to be updated, too!)

One more thought regarding bbdb-completion-list.  As its current
docstring says, this variable was specifically intended for
bbdb-complete-mail.  So for using the corresponding machinery in a
very different context like completion-at-point, it seems rather
likely to me that one would like to give it a different value.
Would it make sense to let-bind bbdb-completion-list inside
bbdb-dynamic-completion to the value of some other user variable
that facilitates customization?  (Of course, the default value of
the new variable could be the value of bbdb-completion-list.)