bbdb-user

Re: Bug in BBDB3 for wanderlust

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: Bug in BBDB3 for wanderlust
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 09:34:27 -0500

On Thu Sep 19 2019 Fred Gilham wrote:
> In bbdb-mua.el there is a function bbdb-mua-auto-update-init. In the case of
> wanderlust it adds bbdb-mua-auto-update to the wl-message-redisplay-hook. This
> doesn't work. It should add it to the wl-summary-redisplay-hook.
>
> -                 (wl . wl-message-redisplay-hook)))
> +                 (wl . wl-summary-redisplay-hook)))

Thanks. -- I am just curious: While I do not know anything about
wanderlust, BBDB has used wl-message-redisplay-hook since 2016.
How did it happen that nobody has complained about this previously?
Does the current behavior work sometimes, but not always?  Or is
this possibly related to some recent change of wl so that
wl-message-redisplay-hook might be the right hook for BBDB with
older versions of wl, whereas BBDB needs wl-summary-redisplay-hook
with more recent versions of wl?

I just want to make sure that your patch will not break things for
some people.