bbdb-user

Re: getting bbdb3 to work with mh-e

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: Re: getting bbdb3 to work with mh-e
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 10:34:48 -0400

Michael Richardson <address@hidden> wrote:
    > I am doing much better with bbdb now.  A bunch of emails that have
    > DKIM/DMARC/ARC headers cause confusion.  I expect that it is the MH-E
    > routine that is in charge of extracting a header, it is not properly
    > anchored to ^ when it looks, as it gets confused by the line:

h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck;

    > which is part of this header:

The problem is the function bbdb/mh-header in bbdb-mhe.el.
I don't think that it should use re-search-forward, and I can see that there
is nothing to anchor the From: to the beginning of a line.  There is even
a comment that it is easily fooled...

I think that it should look with looking-at, until it hits the end of the
headers.
It's not clear to me that looking-at can be told to match case insentively.

However, I'm sure that bbdb-mhe.el should use some function from mh-e to
get a header from the message.  I just haven't found the right spot in mh-e.

Is https://git.code.sf.net/p/mh-e/git the right upstream source for mh-e?
I feel like that is missing the actual code, and it includes htdocs/
https://sourceforge.net/p/mh-e/git/ci/mh-e-8.6/tree/src/

]     address@hidden  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [