bbdb-user

Re: problem after upgrading

From: Brent Busby
Subject: Re: problem after upgrading
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 20:24:43 -0500

address@hidden (N. Jackson) writes:

> At 18:59 -0500 on Tuesday 2019-08-06, Brent Busby wrote:
>> It still gives me the "invalid function: bbdb-pushnew" error, so
>> I'm out of ideas.  I've reverted to my old working backup of
>> ~/.emacs.d/, so everything works again, but it's odd that I can't
>> upgrade.
>
> A few ideas:
>
> Do you have an older version of BBDB installed system-wide through
> your GNU/Linux package manager?

No, I checked for that.  In fact, there are no other bbdb.el or bbdb.elc
files anywhere besides the ones provided by bbdb-20190609.316 in
~/.emacs.d/elpa/.

> Also, what does `M-x bbdb-version RET' say?

3.2

> How about `M-x list-load-path-shadows RET'?

It said it couldn't find any shadows (don't remember exact wording).

> Does `C-h f bbdb-pushnew RET' give you a help buffer> (I'm guessing
> that it will say "no match".) If it does give you a help buffer,
> follow the link there to bbdb.el and find out which directory that
> bbdb.el is in.

It did have a help buffer, which led me to bbdb.el in
~/.emacs.d/elpa/bbdb-20190609.316/