bbdb-user

Re: problem after upgrading

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: problem after upgrading
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 21:48:01 -0500

On Tue Aug 6 2019 Brent Busby wrote:
> "Roland Winkler" <address@hidden> writes:
> > Are you using a compiled BBDB? - Make sure that you have loaded the
> > current bbdb.el(c) and your problem should go away.
>
> I was sure that was probably it, so because I had so many old packages
> from 2015 in ~/.emacs.d/elpa/, I uninstalled everything as a separate
> operation before proceeding, confirmed that my packages subdirectory was
> clear, then installed the packages I mainly wanted fresh from the package
> menu.
>
> It still gives me the "invalid function: bbdb-pushnew" error,

Something odd seems to be happening here:

- Can you possibly get a more complete backtrace from the debugger
  if you first run M-x toggle-debug-on-error

  Is this error triggered by some uncompiled or compiled code?

  Is this code part of bbdb itself or is the error triggered by some
  "third-party code" that uses bbdb?

- Can you locate the file bbdb.el on your computer and check that it
  contains the line

  (defmacro bbdb-pushnew (element listname)

  What happens if you load this file before doing anything else?