bbdb-user

Re: bbdb being too inquisitive

From: Rajeev.Gore
Subject: Re: bbdb being too inquisitive
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 15:52:26 +1000

For your information, I have figured out what happened and thought people might
be interested.

At the first invocation of bbdb-complete-mail, bbdbv3 starts to give me a long
list of warnings about duplicate entries e.g.

Duplicate BBDB record encountered: zoe

These go on for some minutes and then stop.

If I ctrl-g out of this listing process then bbdb-complete-mail no longer
works. But if I patiently wait for five minutes until it has completed listing
all the things that are wrong with my current .bbdb file then bbdb-complete-mail
works.

Setting bbdb-allow-duplicates to t tells bbdb3 to not give such warnings.

So my completion is now working, but now I just have to work through my .bbdb
file to get rid of duplicates :(

best wishes,
raj

--
Rajeev Gore'
Professor, Logic and Computation Group, and