bbdb-user

Re: [elpa] externals/bbdb 5610c9c: * bbdb-com.el, bbdb.el: Fix some warn

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [elpa] externals/bbdb 5610c9c: * bbdb-com.el, bbdb.el: Fix some warnings; plus cosmetic changes
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 08:19:16 -0400

>> +        ;; FIXME: Now that we use lexical-binding, these vars can't be
>> accessed
>> +        ;; any more.  Maybe we should just change the doc!?
>>          (run-hooks 'bbdb-complete-mail-hook))))
> This code was updated to use lexical binding more than two years
> ago; but nobody has complained so far that bbdb-complete-mail-hook
> did not work anymore as expected.  Can we change the documentation
> that it does not advertise anymore the inaccessible internal vars
> MAIL, ADDRESS, and RECORDS anymore?

What you wrote is exactly what I meant with my comment.
Including the question, which was directed at BBDB's maintainer ;-)

I noticed in the mean time that the docstring of bbdb-complete-mail-hook
does not seem to mention availability of those variables, so maybe
there's no doc to fix other than the comment here?

        Stefan