bbdb-user

Re: BBDB autodialing

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: BBDB autodialing
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 11:25:21 -0500

On Wed Apr 4 2018 Bob Newell wrote:
> My default Emacs browser is w3m. I suspect many Emacsers have that
> or eww as the default, and neither handles tel: (or at least I
> don't know how to make that happen).

That's my whole point about browse-url-browser-function.
>From the docstring:

   If the value is not a function it should be a list of pairs
   (REGEXP . FUNCTION).  In this case the function called will be
   the one associated with the first REGEXP which matches the
   current URL.  The function is passed the URL and any other args
   of ‘browse-url’.  The last regexp should probably be "." to
   specify a default browser.

This can give you very fine control:

  - use w3m with the URLs it can display well.
  - send other URLs to firefox
  - use tel: with browse-url-xdg-open

  - you name it!