axiom-math

RE: [Axiom-math] special functions

From: yigal
Subject: RE: [Axiom-math] special functions
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:19:02 -0800

Yes, I didn't realize the power of Axiom, I simply made the function,

gamma(n,x) == factorial(n-1)*exp(-x)*reduce(+,[x^i/factorial(i) for i in

which was adapted from the example function in the book,

f(n) == reduce(*,[i for i in 2..n])

sorry for the lame question I am just beginning to use Axiom and best,

Yigal