[Axiom-mail] Problem with displayed digits

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Problem with displayed digits
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 22:39:31 +1100

I have a curious problem: a while ago I entered

outputFixed(2)

so as just to get a brief idea of the size of things, without cluttering up the screen with digits.  But now I want to get full display back.  However:

outputFixed(20)

or even

outputFixed()

has no effect - no matter what I do, my displayed floating point output is stuck at 2 decimal places.  I know I could quit and start again, but is there some way of (a) finding out what setting is causing this behaviour, and (b) stopping it?

Ever confused,
Alasdair

--
http://www.facebook.com/alasdair.mcandrew https://plus.google.com/+AlasdairMcAndrew/posts https://www.linkedin.com/pub/alasdair-mcandrew/a/178/108 https://twitter.com/amca01 http://numbersandshapes.net