[Axiom-mail] positive definite matrix predicate

From: Konstantin L. Metlov
Subject: [Axiom-mail] positive definite matrix predicate
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 16:51:41 +0200

Hello ! I have a lot of questions :-)

Trying to implement a certain special function in Axiom (Epstein zeta, to be
precise), which depends on a positive definite matrix argument. How do I
properly implement the test that the matrix is positive definite ?

Did I overlook a standard predicate, which tests for this ? Should I perform
the test in my function (which, since such a test seems to be quite basis,
may potentially lead to duplication of code in future) and potentially fail ?
If I add such predicate to MatrixCategory (which looks like a proper place
for such a basic thing), what are the conditions for the patch to be
accepted ?

With the best regards,
                          Konstantin.