Re: [Axiom-mail] my axiom is broken

From: Cap
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] my axiom is broken
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 11:03:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi again,

I installed axiom using the Synaptic packet manager. Here is the complete
output of the axiom command:

address@hidden:~$ axiom
GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  2.6.7 CLtL1    Nov 10 2006 14:25:02
Source License: LGPL(gcl,gmp), GPL(unexec,bfd,xgcl)
Binary License:  GPL due to GPL'ed components: (XGCL READLINE BFD UNEXEC)
Modifications of this banner must retain notice of a compatible license
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.
Temporary directory for compiler files set to /tmp/
                        AXIOM Computer Algebra System
                     Version: Axiom 3.9 (September 2005)
              Timestamp: Saturday December 2, 2006 at 09:30:31
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.

   Re-reading compress.daase   Re-reading interp.daase
   Re-reading operation.daase
   Re-reading category.daase
   >> System error:
   Couldn't protect

Error: The tag |top_level| is undefined.
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by RETURN.
Broken at APPLY.  Type :H for Help.
BOOT>>

Cappy