Re: [Axiom-mail] recent versions

From: Tim Daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] recent versions
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 23:13:39 -0500

Alejandro:

http://daly.axiom-developer.org:/axiom-ubuntu-nov2009-bin.tgz

Let me know if it works.

Tim

Alejandro Jakubi wrote:
I find the recent improvements in the documentation of Axiom of paramount
importance in trying to understand this complex system. In this regards, I have just read about the new )describe command and found it quite interesting.

Anyways, I have found in another of your posts a link to a Debian binary for the November 2009 version. I have downloaded it already but not installed yet. Hopefully it will work in Debian Etch. Will be there an Ubuntu binary for this (or latter) version? (if it were an issue of priorities, I would prefer it to
an updated download page).

Of course, it would be wonderful if the maintainer of the Axiom package in
Debian and Ubuntu distributions could keep it updated, ideally in sync
with the 2-month (or whatever) period source releases. See e.g.:

http://packages.debian.org/etch/math/axiom

http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/math/axiom

This package seems stuck because of bugs and other issues.

Alejandro