Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [Axiom-mail] InputForm

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [Axiom-mail] InputForm
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 15:49:26 +0200

On 06/03/2009 02:35 PM, Martin Rubey wrote:
Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

Is there an easy way to get a linear output (not 2d-output), i.e.,
which looks exactly like the input?

(1) -> x+y^2
         2
   (1)  y  + x
                                        Type: Polynomial(Integer)
(2) -> (x+y^2 )::INFORM

   (2)  (+ (** y 2) x)
                                        Type: InputForm
(3) -> unparse((x+y^2 )::INFORM)

   (3)  "y^2+x"
                                        Type: String

This is, in my opinion a hack, in case you want linear *output*.  It
should be relatively easy though, to provide something similar to
TexFormat, that provides a coercion from outputform to "linearform".
Would actually be nice.

I don't yet know what unparse does, but do you think that

  lin z == unparse(z::InputForm)::Symbol::OutputForm

should do the job also for other expressions than polynomials?

Seems to be working for matrices...

(5) -> m:=matrix [[1,2],[3,4]]

        +1  2+
        +3  4+
                                       Type: Matrix(Integer)
(6) -> lin m
   Compiling function lin with type Matrix(Integer) -> OutputForm

   (6)  matrix([[1,2],[3,4]])
                                       Type: OutputForm

Thanks a lot!!!

Ralf