Re: [Axiom-mail] number in hexadecimal

From: Tim Daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] number in hexadecimal
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 05:04:28 -0400

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 7:11 PM, Renata Cereja <address@hidden> wrote:
I want to know if have some way of given a hexadecimal number convert it to
a decimal for example.
I tried something like this:
     decimal(F)
but it doesn't work.

OpenAxiom supports the Aldor notation for integer literals with
explicit radix, e.g.

(1) -> 16rf
   (1)  15
                                                        Type: PositiveInteger

In general, you write the radix first (in decimal notation),
immediatelly followed by 'r'
then followed by the digits in the specified radix.

-- Gaby