[Axiom-mail] constrained, parametric optimization

From: Luca Dall'Olio
Subject: [Axiom-mail] constrained, parametric optimization
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 00:18:11 +0100

I am developing a computer program which needs to solve a constrained, parametric optimization, something like :

meaning to calculate min(x) such as y = b*x+a and x <= c and x >=0
where x and y are variables, a, b, c are constant but unknown parameters.
Since the problem is calculated at runtime from my computer program and changes every time, I think I need to solve it with some form of constrained programming with a symbolic result.

I could see something like this in mathematica :

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/Minimize.html#61381153

but I would like to keep my program free and open source, so I would like to use a free library for this...

could you please tell me if I can do this using axiom?
thank you very much in advance!
Luca