RE: [Axiom-mail] Troubles with subscripts and solve()

From: Соловьев Александр Александрович
Subject: RE: [Axiom-mail] Troubles with subscripts and solve()
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 18:25:39 +0400

>On Thursday 10 July 2008, Соловьев Александр Александрович wrote:
>> [[ eval(f, [x=i,y=j])=subscript(m,[i,j]) for i in -2..2 ] for j=-2..2]

>You need to give us the exact sequence of commands that shows a problem.

>I think that the 11 variables in your example are solved in terms of 5
>independent parameters, that's not trash.

Ok. May be I'm doing something wrong. I've figured out that lines

and

-> f:= [subscript(a,[i]) for i in 0..1]

gives different types. 1st produces "List OrderedVariableList [x,y,z]" and 2od
"List Symbol". How can I make from "subscript(a,[i]) for i in 0..1]" type "List
OrderedVariableList" suitable for solve() function?