Re: [Axiom-mail] Cardinal numbers in Axiom

From: Themos Tsikas
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Cardinal numbers in Axiom
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:10:46 +0000

Hello

All Axiom knowledge is organised into types, not operations.  In your case, I
cannot imagine a practical situation where the expression A^(10^(10^10))
would turn up. But I suppose one can rewrite Integer so that some
calculations are lazy. One would then pay the runtime price for a complicated
representation for each and every Integer operation. There doesn't seem to be
enough of an upside to warrant this but there may be one in the future.

Regards
Themos Tsikas