RE: [Axiom-mail] Spad and inductive types

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-mail] Spad and inductive types
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 04:39:50 -0400

Martin,

On May 7, 2007 4:14 AM you wrote:

> Here you go.  But I doubt somehow that Gaby had this in mind,
> since this is quite usual stuff in Axiom (grep "Rep.*Union")

Fantastic! Thankyou. See it again here:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxInductiveType

I believe that is exactly what Gaby wanted. Yes, grep shows
some examples but not of the specific type of induction that
Gaby had in mind.

It seems that one key differences between what I wrote and
your version was:

Rep := Union(MkInt, MkAdd, MkMul)

The grep command actually shows one case where ==> is used, but
I have noticed before that Spad seems to treat this differently
than what I always expect but you seem to write it naturally. :-)

Now I can retire to sleep in peace.

Cheers,
Bill Page