[Axiom-mail] RE: Axiom

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-mail] RE: Axiom
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 17:28:55 -0400

On April 7, 2007 12:51 PM Markus Cozowicz wrote:

> I got a short question:
>
> I'd like to script Axiom. I'd like to start it with a
> specified script file, that does some operations, finally
> writes a latex file
> and quits.

I would recommend that you run Axiom with i/o redirection
like this:

  $ AXIOMsys < MyInput > MyOutput

The file MyInput can contain all interactive commands
even including:

  )set output tex on
  )read MyFile.input
  )quit
  yes

if you wish.

Is this the kind of script you mean? If you need a "cleaner"
output, on Linux it is possible to run Axiom via Python or
Perl and parse the output as you need it.

Regards,
Bill Page.

? ? Do you know coincidentally whether one axiom under Linux Script'n can?

> selbstverstaendlich.
? of course

> > Ich würd gern ein .axiom.input file reinschicken und Latex
> rausbekommen.
? ? would gladly .axiom.input a file clean-send and Latex clean-output

> am besten in der
? best in that

> .input
>
> Datei:
>
> )set output tex on
> )spool dateiname.tex
>
> schreibt Ein- und Ausgabe nach dateiname.tex
? input and output writes after dateiname.tex

> es gibt auch eine Variante, die nur die Eingabe aufschreibt:
? there is also a variant, which notes only the input:

> )history )save dateiname.input
>

> vermutlich gibt es auch eine Moeglichkeit, nur die Ausgabe zu
> speichern. Bill
> Page weiss das.
? probably there is also a possibility of storing only the
? expenditure. Bill Page knows that.