[Axiom-mail] How to expand a fraction (like Maple does with 'expand')?

From: Wiesner Thomas
Subject: [Axiom-mail] How to expand a fraction (like Maple does with 'expand')?
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 20:02:08 +0100

I'm sorry that i bug you with this (probably) simple problem:

How can i do the following (from Maple) in Axiom:

expand(((-r1*r2*uoff)+((r2+r1)*r3+r1*r2)*ue)/(r2*r3));
                          r1 uoff        ue r1   ue r1
                            r3            r2      r3

I've been trying and googling for hours. I've tried MPOLY but have only managed to to pull one variable in front of the fraction and didn't find out how to split it up completely.

I found the MPOLY approach in the Rosetta pages (http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/RosettaStone)
but it doesn't do what i want.

This seems to be such a simple task and I can't find out.

I am writing a quit overview about CA Systems for hobby electronics and want to explain some usual tasks in different CA Systems.

   Thanks in advance,
   Wiesner Thomas

PS: Please CC me, as I am not in the list.