Re: [Axiom-mail] batch mode

From: Vanuxem Grégory
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] batch mode
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 15:17:36 +0200

Le samedi 07 octobre 2006 à 18:05 +0800, KC.Gmail a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Just install Axiom Sept2005 release :-)

This is an old release. The Axiom team do not distribute tarballs of the
stable release (Gold) but instead distribute the source code via GNU
Arch from http://www.axiom-developer.org or via CVS either from
Sourceforge or Savannah. These repositories are updated at each release.
For more information see http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomSources
but you have already read this page I believe. The actual version of
Axiom is "Axiom (September 2006)" which corresponds to "patch-50" in the
CVS log. It seems to me that this release has some problems with
graphics but I can be wrong.

> A simple question, how can I ask Axiom to
> run a pre-written script ?

The file extension of your script must be .input and it can be processed
with the system command ')read' so issue ')read myscript.input' for
example. In Hyperdoc see 'Setting->Commands-> )read' for more
information.

> I will be good if I can simply pass the script from
> command line, eg "axiom myscript".

You can use 'AXIOMsys < myscript' and eventually redirect the output to
a file. You will probably need to set the environment variable AXIOM,
see the the 'axiom' script (I don't know where your version of Axiom is
installed).

Greg