Re: [Axiom-mail] Re: noweb

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Re: noweb
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:15:42 -0400

> Oh, another person who does not like "document" very much...

'document' is a script intended to collect the usual document handling
functions which standard options. i put it there so i can use it to
build files during make and later to build files during development.
it's unlikely that you would use it yet.

> I can understand Tim's idea of a drag&drop system, but it implies that a
> new "algebra idea" is completely coded in ONE file. It's not like the
> "changeset" stuff. And for the Axiom build system it would be better to
> have not just a collection of Makefiles that you document (and read)
> separately. It is really hard to get an overview of what relates to
> what. I would rather like to have a document that describes the build.
> But I guess that document consists of several Makefiles and a
> description of their relations.

That's the purpose of book volume 4, the developer's guide.
Understand the process, write it as a chapter, and add it to the guide.