[Axiom-mail] Re: Options for building GCL from Axiom

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Re: Options for building GCL from Axiom
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 15:04:25 -0400

>   Do we know why don't systematically use this
>
>     It turns out that we can successfully build GCL on many more systems
>     if we set the [[GCLOPTS]] to build a local [[BFD]].
>     <<GCLOPTS-LOCBFD>>=
>     GCLOPTS="--enable-vssize=65536*2 --enable-locbfd --disable-dynsysbfd \
>              --disable-statsysbfd --enable-maxpage=256*1024"
>
> everywhere, when we think we must build GCL?

only that it needs to be tested. not everything works everywhere.
for instance, i've renewed my freebsd struggle and GCL won't build
there due to
   "error: Initializer element is not constant"
which happens nowhere else. so i have to figure out what random
combination of switches will fix this (i HATE C).