[Axiom-mail] April 2005 source

From: Mark Stephen
Subject: [Axiom-mail] April 2005 source
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:21:43 -0400

I recently downloaded and compiled the April 2005 sources; color me gob-smacked.

I haven't had a usable version of Axiom since I switched from RH9 to Fedora some years ago. The improvement is amazing - far more extensive documentation, really nice graphics, excellent on-line help, and, most importantly, the program seems to be pretty bullet-proof. Some minor problems still with the TeXmacs interface (Graphics, probably the known axiom/AXIOMsys bug. I think I just need to modify and recompile axiom_tm.c, haven't got around to it yet), and bad input can put the interpreter into a mode which requires an extra carriage return after each line - I don't understand this at all, but I can live with it.

I'm the guy who who was whining about Axiom's response to cos(2) a few months ago. My current attitude is -- Yeaaah! Way to go, guys!

Mark Stephen